9.10 will not allow upgrade to 9.3 to stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Well, given the problems with the 9.10 last updates I'll not update soon...

danb35

Hall of Famer
Fair enough. 9.10 has been pretty stable for me, but the 9.10.1-U1 update (which I haven't installed) seems to have borked a bunch of stuff. Release management and QA have been long-standing issues with FreeNAS.

hescominsoon

Patron
ok so the numbering of their versions is a bit off. Usually .1 or variant of it is older...here its reversed. ok I'll upgrade to 9.10 and let it rip there..:)

danb35

Hall of Famer
Usually .1 or variant of it is older...here its reversed.
No, it isn't. 9.1 is old--over three years old, in fact. 9.3 is less old--just under two years old (9.2 happened in between, but I didn't make a note of the date, and don't care enough to go back and check it--check out download.freenas.org if you care). 9.10, which is not the same as 9.1 (about which @gpsguy--correctly, as it turns out--surmised that you were confused, whereupon you decided to get snarky), is newer--about six months old. 10 > 3 > 1. Yes, 9.10 is numerically equivalent to 9.1. No, they aren't the same thing. Yes, that's confusing, though iXSystems aren't the only ones to do this.

I thought this was pretty clearly laid out in this post of mine--what part of it was unclear?

hescominsoon

Patron
it may be clear to folks here and that's fine..version numbering usually goes from 9.1(or 9.10 etc etc) being older. That's fine. I now know that 9.10 is the newest non-beta version. I think i'll update to 10.0 beta and go from there..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.