Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Can you post hardware specs?

Z300M

Guru
I still have this problem in 9.2.1-RELEASE:

I have ten 2TB Seagate drives running at present -- eight connected to an M1015 in IT mode, and two connected to the motherboard SAS ports (flashed to IT mode) of the X10SL7-F.

Only four serial numbers display in the GUI: three of the eight connected to the M1015, and one of the two connected to the motherboard.

I adapted a shell script I found online to display the temperature and serial number for each drive, and it shows all the serial numbers.

nvader

Explorer
I still have this problem in 9.2.1-RELEASE:

I have ten 2TB Seagate drives running at present -- eight connected to an M1015 in IT mode, and two connected to the motherboard SAS ports (flashed to IT mode) of the X10SL7-F.

Only four serial numbers display in the GUI: three of the eight connected to the M1015, and one of the two connected to the motherboard.

I adapted a shell script I found online to display the temperature and serial number for each drive, and it shows all the serial numbers.

I also still have this issue in 9.2.1 (6 drives, no SN show)
Can you share your script?

Z300M

Guru
I also still have this issue in 9.2.1 (6 drives, no SN show)
Can you share your script?

Here you go. It's pretty messy -- still has commented-out lines that didn't work, and I haven't bothered fixing it.
Code:
#! /bin/bash
#
# Usage: showtemp
#
# OFS = "\t"
adastat () { echo -n `camcontrol cmd $1 -a "E5 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
echo
# echo Drive Temperatures - `date`
cat /etc/version
uptime | awk '{ print "\nSystem Load:",$(NF-2),$(NF-1),$(NF),"\n" }'
# uptime
# echo
# echo "Drive Activity Status"
# for i in $(sysctl -n kern.disks | awk '{for (i=NF; i!=0 ; i--) if (match($i, '
# smartopt=`echo $@ | awk '{opt="-n standby"; if (match(tolower($0),'/-w/')) opt
echo HDD Temperatures - `date`:
echo
echo -e "Device \t Temp. \t Serial No. \t Model \t\t\t Firmware"
echo ___________________________________________________________________
for i in $(sysctl -n kern.disks | awk '{for (i=NF; i!=0 ; i--) if (match($i, '/d
do
    echo -e $i:"\t" `smartctl -a $smartopt /dev/$i | awk 'BEGIN {DevName="N/
# {echo "\t $DevTemp \t $DevSerNum \t $DevName \t $DevFwVer"};
done
echo

Sir.Robin

Guru
This got fixed in 9.2.1 (had it myself) If you still have issues you should reopen the last ticket or file a new!

crumbz

Explorer
I have this issue also.

FreeNAS-9.2.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (currently, but I've had this issue as long as I have used this motherboard: SuperMicro X10SL7-F)

8 drives attached to LSI2308 (on motherboard). The GUI does not show the serial number for two of my drives.

Sir.Robin

Guru
For me it is da0 that does not show.

However, this is only when running FreeNAS on bare metal. Running as VM with passthrough to the LSI 2308 i see all serials. :)

crumbz

Explorer
For me it is da0 that does not show.

However, this is only when running FreeNAS on bare metal. Running as VM with passthrough to the LSI 2308 i see all serials. :)

da0 and da5 are the ones not showing here.

Z300M

Guru
da0 and da5 are the ones not showing here.
On my machine da0, da1, da2, and da7 (all connected to the M1015) do not show; nor does da9 (connected to a motherboard SAS port).

Edit: No change after updating to 9.2.1.1

mka

Contributor
I've still the same problem with 9.2.1.3 that ada0 and ada2 won't show the serial number (no LSI controller present). Although it doesn't seem to be an issue of the drives because I recently installed another controller with an SSD which was added as ada0 causing the previously ada0...ada5 devices to become ada1....ada6. But the serial numbers of ada0 and ada2 still won't show at the UI. And after this the "Description" entry for these drives didn't show the correct values and I had to reassigned to values for ada0 and ada2. All other values moved correctly with the changing device labels.

I did run notifier.py for drives 0...6 and all serial numbers are shown correctly.
Code:
python /usr/local/www/freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py serial_from_device ada0

cyberjock

Inactive Account
mka: I'd recommend you put a bug ticket in... bugs.freenas.org.

Z300M

Guru
I see that William G. responded that he would be unable to fix the problem without being able to reproduce it or else having access to a machine that exhibits the problem. I gave him access to my machine a few weeks ago, and in a few minutes he had revised the code so that -- on my machine -- the problem was solved; that fix was in 9.2.1.2. I suggest that you give him access to your machine, and the problem may be solved very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.