Serial number missing from View Disks but shell sees it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm testing 9.2.1.8 on a Supermicro X10SL7-F, 16GB RAM, six 4TB Seagate NAS drives connected to the onboard SAS, flashed to IT mode in a single Z2 volume.

I noticed in View Disks, the serial number for one drive,da0, was missing. The volume was healthy.

At first I thought it was a bad cable, SATA port, or drive. So I did some cable/port/drive swapping without any answers.

But then I noticed that all the drive serial numbers were seen by the shell.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Does a reboot solve this? I wouldn't be particularly worried, since you can still see them in the shell.

If the problem persists after a reboot, you might want to check if there are any tickets on the matter in the bug tracker. If not, consider adding a ticket.

Z300M

Guru
Hi, I'm testing 9.2.1.8 on a Supermicro X10SL7-F, 16GB RAM, six 4TB Seagate NAS drives connected to the onboard SAS, flashed to IT mode in a single Z2 volume.

I noticed in View Disks, the serial number for one drive,da0, was missing. The volume was healthy.

At first I thought it was a bad cable, SATA port, or drive. So I did some cable/port/drive swapping without any answers.

But then I noticed that all the drive serial numbers were seen by the shell.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks!
I've had the same trouble intermittently with one or more drive serial numbers not showing in the GUI. I submitted a bug report a few months back and then gave one of the FreeNAS gurus remote access to my system, and he worked some programming magic that seemed to have solved the problem. His fixes were -- supposedly -- incorporated in the next update, BUT now I have the problem again. I'm not planning on losing any sleep over it.

Nindustries

Patron
I've had the same trouble intermittently with one or more drive serial numbers not showing in the GUI. I submitted a bug report a few months back and then gave one of the FreeNAS gurus remote access to my system, and he worked some programming magic that seemed to have solved the problem. His fixes were -- supposedly -- incorporated in the next update, BUT now I have the problem again. I'm not planning on losing any sleep over it.
Care to link to the bug ticket?

vikingboy

Explorer
Ive had & got this issue currently as well. Everything else seems fine and rather than do CLI voodoo and risk buggering something up I've just left it as is. Would be nice to know how to fix it / bug fix for sure though.

Z300M

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.