9.1.0-rel minidlna install error repo.txz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragmanii

Cadet
This is a brand new install, not an upgrade. I put it on a USB stick boot up and import my old ZFS disks from 8.3 no problems. Can get to my data pull/put. Go to the plugins and install minidlna.
gets to about 13 percent then closes.
Error on console: cannot mv /tmp/miruimqF4 /usr/local/share/pcbsd/conf/pcbsd-mirrors-i386
Fixed that issue by re-mounting the file system not sure why this should not work out of the box.
mount -o rw /
try again to install minidlna
Second error:
missing /mnt/ZFS-Store/Jail/.warden-files-cache/packages/9.1-RELEASE/i386/repo.txz

I have looked everywhere for this file and have found some vague references to it being removed? Also found some references to needing to install pcbsd-utils, so I pkg install pcbsd-utils and get not found in repository. This is a i386 install as the iomega 1u rack server I am using only supports 32, but that shouldn't be an issue as I see the PBI's posted are specific to x86. I have started fresh installs three times and same issues. Anyone have any ideas?

Ragmanii

Cadet
Went ahead and flashed back to 8.3.1 and got all the jails and everything working again. Then went through the upgrade process. It allowed me to upgrade the plugin to the newest, but wouldnt start "Unknown Error". Removed tha plugin and Jail and started a manual process. Trying to create the jail I get: mv: rename /tmp/.mirtk1c6D to /usr/local/share/pcbsd/conf/pcbsd-mirrors-i386: Read-only file system cp: /mnt/ZFS-Store/Jail/.warden-files-cache/packages/9.1-RELEASE/i386/pkg.txz: No such file or directory cp: /mnt/ZFS-Store/Jail/.warden-files-cache/packages/9.1-RELEASE/i386/repo.txz: No such file or directory ERROR: Failed boot-strapping PKGNG, most likely cause is internet connection failure. ERROR: Failed extracting ZFS template environment cannot open 'ZFS-Store/Jail/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-i386-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ERROR: Failed create default template

Dropped to the console and was able to ping google.com no issues.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
For the most part any plugin that you have from 8.3.1 isn't compatible with 9.1. You likely will have to wait for the plugin to be updated....

D

dlavigne

Are you using Plugins or Jails? These are two different things in 9.1. Did you migrate your old plugins jail? It wouldn't hurt to skim through both the Plugins and the Jails chapter of the PDF of the docs, available on the freenas download page.

Status
Not open for further replies.