8.2 beta 3 fails upgrade using CD method

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidflex

Guru
I attempted to upgrade 8.2x64 beta 2 to beta 3 using the CD method and it fails during the upgrade process.

I was thinking about doing a clean install and then restoring my configuration, but I do not want to lose any settings and I have not used that function before.

I have attached a picture of the error I received.

Attachments

• freenas error.jpg
    freenas error.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 265

StephenFry

Contributor
I've done some fairly intensive testing these last weeks, and also encountered this once or twice.
Be warned: if there has been a failed upgrade, it may not be possible to restore *all* previous settings. (This is an almost direct quote that FreeNAS has given me.)

If you have previously saved your settings somewhere, I expect you will be able to import them in a new install without much problems.

raidflex

Guru
I did a clean and install and was able to successfully restore my configuration. There was no errors during the restore and it looks like all my settings are correct. Any way to know if something was not restored properly?

StephenFry

Contributor
Meh. I'm sure one of the gurus here could point you to an obscure log file ;) but I'd say if all options that are important to you seem to be set correctly and the NAS is functioning well, then all went fine and there's no need to go looking for anything. Good to hear it went well!

Status
Not open for further replies.