8.2.0-Beta 4 with MiniDLNA plugin problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
First I'd like to start by saying that 8.2.0-Beta4 sure looks nice from what I have played with, with the exception of my little problem.

Second, my test rig is VMWare Workstation 7.1.4 setup as:
RAM: 8GB
CPUs: 2
Boot Drive: 4GB
Four 20GB drives (configured as ZFS raid)
Jail Drive: 10GB (ZFS single drive to mimic a single USB Flash drive)
Network: Bridged

8.2.0-BETA4 loaded from iso image
FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA4-x64.Plugins_Jail.pbi
minidlna-1.0.22_3-amd64.pbi
Created a mount point from /mnt/peanuts/movies to /movies (within the jail and the default location for minidlna setup)

The problems I have ONLY occur once I make MiniDLNA active:
1) During a reboot or shutdown I will experience a TRAP 12 error almost every time.
2) MiniDLNA is always off after the reboot.

Keep in mind that I do not experience the TRAP 12 error with MiniDLNA turned off and I'm running on a VM.

I have removed/deleted and installed the jail and software data sets and pbi's no less that three times while observing all indications.

I suspect the reason the MiniDLNA does not restart was an oversight in the programming however the TRAP 12 error concerns me.

Right now I'm looking for confirmation from other folks that they either see the same issues or do not before putting in a trouble ticket.

jjstecchino

Contributor
Same issue with my setup. Regular install not vmware on a Xeon, 8 gb ram, boot from usb flash 4 gb, 10 x 2gb sata drives in 2 zraid sets with 5 drives each, 2x1gb intel nics.
If I dont reboot minidlna works great even with my samsung tv.
Exactly same problem you have.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I believe this is the panic that might occur in jail stop/start.

It is in the ERRATA of BETA4.
Okay, I guess I thought I read it saying if you toggle to fast the plugin or something like that. But that sounds correct, it seems to occur during the jail stop period.

Status
Not open for further replies.