8.0.1-RC1 UPS over USB connaction failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
This worked in a previous version about 3 weeks ago but I cannot get the latest RC to work. I keep getting the connection refused response.

Two tickets were closed in the recent past, one for the UPS connectivity with did work but it broken for me again, and the second was to add a drop down box listing the available ports with an UPS attached, there is no drop down box in 8.0.1-RC1 that I can see.

If someone can check out the UPS connectivity and report if it's USB or Serial (Com port) and if it works or not. If you get it to work, please post the configuration so we may test it ourselves.

-Mark

Tekkie

Patron
Same here UPS USB support has regressed. :( as well as other features, but hey the UI got reworked... anyone feel like the devs are spending their time on not quite the so important bits? :(

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
That might be a problem with RC1 build, it should work in nitghtly...

Also, once again, saying "hey! this is not working" _really_ does _not_ help at all

attaching logs, ls -l, ps ax, usually helps

joeschmuck

Old Man
Build 7520 works for the UPS, just finished testing it. This would be good for a USB, APC BackUps Pro (usbhib-ups) in my case. Now I'm writing a ticket against the Network Interface settings. When you add the network interface, so you can select a static IP, you cannot access the GUI nor can the Console reconfigure the network connection against 7520, not the RC1.

EDIT: Sorry, though this was a private message when it popped up on my screen.

Tekkie

Patron
@William, understood but the system does not provide anything more than connection failed in terms of messages which makes it hard to report anything more.

joeschmuck

Old Man
@ William,
Did the code get ported into the branches for this problem. I seem to recall you stating maybe in a message to me that the branches were created before this was fixed, just asking to see if the fix was migrated over trying to cover the bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.