8.0.1 beta 3 UPS not shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohnename

Explorer
I´m running 8.0.1 beta 3 i386 and my UPS Powerware 9120 is not shutting down my FN8 box.

- I made a RS232 connection between the Powerware 9120 and the FN8 Box. Working.
- I made the config (see screenshot) and start the service (it starts correctly) but the FN8 box is not shutting down when is the UPS is running from batteries.
- I control with upsc UPS@localhost if the FN8 can communicate with the UPS. It is working (see screenshot)

Am I missing something? I changed the time to wait before shutting down from 30s to 120s or 2s, the changes are applied to the config file but nothing happens.

P.S: when I choose a Powerware 9120, it falls back to a Compaq R3000 XR but I think it´s OK because they use booth the same driver (bmcxcp) and a communication PC<->UPS is possible with this driver (see screenshot)

UPS2.jpg UPS.jpg

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Hello, the UPS functionality was implemented but it is totally untested so far because the lack of a hardware from my side...

Can you look for logs into /var/log and possibly attach them so we can figure out whats going on?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.