8.0.1 Beta 3 - Unable to change permissions on volume or dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

nite244

Dabbler
I'm hoping there's something I'm doing wrong here, otherwise this will be a pain until the next version comes out.

When I create a new volume and then add a dataset, with version 8.0.1 Beta 3, I seem to be unable to get any changes I make in the "Change Permissions" section to stick. I'll go in, check off "Group - Write" field and then click Change and it gives me the message "Mount Point permissions successfully updated." When I go back into Change Permissions, the change is not reflected and therefore the CIFS share is giving me permission denied. This happens on both the volume and the dataset (I've also tried just creating a volume and no dataset, but same problem). Changing the "Owner(user)" field does seem to stick, but I still can't get my CIFS share to work (I'm assuming it's a Permissions issue and not CIFS, but I could be wrong).

Any input or additional things I should be trying? Or did this process change from 8.0.1 Beta 2 and I'm doing it incorrectly?

Thanks!

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi nite244,

For what it's worth I think I'm seeing the same thing.

-Will

B

Bohs Hansen

Did a fresh beta3 install yesterday. Had to make a reboot after making changes to make them stick (didn't check after saving, but just selected the GUI reboot option).

cbray

Explorer
Add me to the list...

dataset configuration options have exploded... stand clear ... incoming!

Lacrimosa

Cadet
Same problem here. Temporal decision is make www (guest user selected in Windows Shares and CIFS) to be owner(user) of the volume..

sam_freenas

Cadet
Add me to the list... clean install of beta 3 but cant make changes to permission in volumes stick : -(

Alejometal

Dabbler
yeah the same problem here. Im downgrade to 8.0.1Beta 2, I believe is the best one right now, or im wrong?

nite244

Dabbler
yeah the same problem here. Im downgrade to 8.0.1Beta 2, I believe is the best one right now, or im wrong?

They're all just stepping stones, so until Release status is reached, any one of them may suit your needs. I went to Beta 3 as it had USB3 support, but many don't need that and Beta 2 would work just fine (or better) for them. Once Release comes out it's all irrelevant (in theory), as the bugs should be fixed, but it's nice to be able to play with the features as they're being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.