21.08 - Trouble with permissions

zyrex

Dabbler
Hello,
I'll preface this with I'm very new with Truenas in general, but I don't think I'm going too wrongly about this.

So I'm trying out Truenas Scale as I needed some of the linux-based parts to make my overall architecture/wishing to work.
While demoing I'm trying to replicate my existing setup and permission model, however I either have misunderstood something or found a bug.

When I go to a dataset, edit permissions, and then I want to add a specific local user account to the dataset with its unique permissions, I can't find them in the list.
I do find the first user I created, but not the following ones.
If I try to go to the Owner-permissions instead, I can find them all.

Have I done something wrong with regards to ACL type, NFSv4/posix-style or something?

1630521158448.png

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Do you see your user in the output of `midclt call user.query | jq` ?

You should be able to type in the user / group name (even if it doesn't appear in the drop-down).

zyrex

Dabbler
I have also tried typing in the name/groups. It lets me do that, but no there's no matches. However, it let's me save and close. But there's no dice actually accessing the share afterwards.

I do see my user when I run that command, yes.

I'll also add I do see alot more users (built in ones) in the Owner drop-down, than in the ACE drop downs.

edit: I experience this same behaviour on two separate systems I've just installed for testing/experimenting.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have also tried typing in the name/groups. It lets me do that, but no there's no matches. However, it let's me save and close. But there's no dice actually accessing the share afterwards.

I do see my user when I run that command, yes.

I'll also add I do see alot more users (built in ones) in the Owner drop-down, than in the ACE drop downs.

edit: I experience this same behaviour on two separate systems I've just installed for testing/experimenting.
Can you perhaps PM me a debug System->Advanced->Save Debug.