Help setting up proper dataset perimissions

nautilus7

Dabbler
The last couple of days I have been reading the acl primer https://www.truenas.com/docs/references/aclprimer/

I want to move some data from my old nas to my new truenas scale server.
The old nas is a zyxel nas326, and I have my files in a smb share there.

I need to know what type of smb acl type (posix vs nfsv4) is being used in that share in order to setup the new truenas dataset/share with the same type. Is there any way to find out? A command or perhaps something I should look for in the smb.conf file?

I have 3-4 users in my office, so I need to setup acl with different permissions for them.

I suppose my old nas uses the posix acl, or no acl at all, since my data are accessed through the guest user without any restriction (password requirement) via windows machines. I also suppose it does not support the nfsv4 acl since it's quite old.

If these assumptions are true, then I have two questions:

1. Will there be any permissions issue if I move my files to a new truenas scale share that uses nfsv4 acl?

2. I plan to repurpose the old nas as a backup storage, after I move my data to truenas. I want to use rsync to have a live copy of my data, as a failover. How will the nfsv4 acl permissions work when the data are rsynced to the old nas?

I am obviously not very experienced in this area, so I might be missing something or perhaps there is a simpler way to do this.

Any help is appreciated.