11.2-U4 : side panel links/buttons broken

gsrcrxsi

Explorer
So I just upgraded my working 11.2-U3 to U4 as it’s supposed to bring PCI passthrough to VMs and maybe even have GPU access to jails? (As far as I know, I’m not very well versed in this stuff but that’s what I read in some older posts)

Anyway. The server came back up on U4, and all my existing configurations, jails, VMs, etc, appear to be intact and working. However, most of the side panel links/buttons do not work at all. For example I cannot access the areas for storage, VMs, jails, or even reporting. The good news is that things are working ok for the time being. But I can’t change anything if I want to which obviously isn’t a good situation.

The legacy UI seems to be working OK, but I can’t manage jails in the old UI anymore so that’s of no help.

I tried a reboot, which didn’t help. But I’m not sure what else I can do. The ability to even navigate the GUI is not something that should be breaking on a full release in my opinion. This was pushed as available in the 11.2 STABLE builds.

Hardware, not that it really matters.
Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F v1.20
2x Xeon E5-2680v2
64GB DDR3 Reg ECC RAM
LSI 9207-8i HBA

gsrcrxsi

Explorer
Ok. So it seems to be some kind of conflict with Firefox, as the side panel looks to be working ok now in Google Chrome.

I heavily prefer Firefox though. What might have changed that’s breaking it in Firefox?

KrisBee

Wizard
U4 working in Firefox for me. Did/have you cleared browser cache?

gsrcrxsi

Explorer
yup you appear to be right. never had to do that before, but it all seems ok now in firefox.

but now it seems that the features i was looking for have not been implemented :( no mention of the words "gpu" or "pci" in the user guide at all.

gsrcrxsi

Explorer
https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/33399

this is what i was looking for. it says target version 11.2-U4, but i see nothing related to this. I'm not sure how to follow the notes in that feature request. if it was closed because it was implemented, or closed because they denied adding it.

diedrichg

Wizard
Clear you browser's cache