11.2 -> 11.3 upgrade, dashboard questions

sremick

Patron
So the good news is that my upgrade from 11.2 to 11.3 went just fine. Even my Plex jail is still happy (haven't upgraded the OS version in it yet, will wait a bit).

But I've got some issues with the new dashboard...

I had a gripe with the dashboard in the new UI even on 11.2 with it being a horrid waste of space. The information density was incredibly poor with very little being shown on the screen without scrolling or delving into deeper screens/options. With 11.3, things have gotten even worse. Even less data for the sake of pretty graphics. For example: where have the HDD temps gone? They used to be right there in your face on the dashboard. No longer. I can dig down into Disks under Reporting, but then what I get is an obnoxiously-wide line graph and it'll only show 1.5 disks on the screen at once (!!!). I'm all for graphs and charts and stuff, but for the love of all that is holy please be more respectful of screen real-estate usage. There's absolutely no reason you couldn't fit multiple... at LEAST all 6 of my... HDD line graphs on the screen at once, in smaller form. And these temps are relevant data that should be back on the dashboard screen like they used to... I care VERY much about my HDD temps.

Second question: I have two network interfaces, but only use one. Can I hide the unused one from the dashboard? Ideally, replace that space with a widget of more use... although there doesn't seem to be any facility to customize what widgets appear on the dashboard, add additional/different ones, etc.

I will say thank you for adding my request for a % of disk usage in the storage widget. That's very helpful.