100% util disk during scrub

windyboi

Explorer
Hello

I have a Microserver Gen8 with four 1TB disks running in RAIDZ1. 'zpool status' shows No known data errors.
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31260L @ 2.40GHz (8 cores)
16GB Memory

However, one of the disks started running at 90-100% utilisation right toward the end of the scrub task of the pool. . I got the alert about 30mins before the scrub task finished (which completed in 3hrs). Is it normal for the disks to get to 100% util during a scrub?

Please can you advise me how to further diagnose the issue, how do I know if the disk would need replacing? I have had these four WD Blue disks for four years now.

As a side, I have recently been running Splunk in a Virtual Machine (running separately on an SSD ada4 and am receiving alerts every evening that CPU temperature is critical and suggesting system shutdown. However, the CPU temp is only getting to 65 degrees, is it really that bad? I will try and look into some different cooling options (better fan/heatsync?)
Thank you very much

sretalla