“Fully preconfigured, ready to rock systems at a price that is unimaginable from the other NAS vendors.”
Dave LeSiege – Information Technologies Manager
Basic File or Workgroup Server, or Any Other Non-Critical Storage Application
iXsystems takes the guesswork out of building and supporting hardware yourself with a line of FreeNAS Certified Servers, preinstalled with FreeNAS. Choose a FreeNAS Certified Server for guaranteed FreeNAS compatibility and the reliability that comes with nearly 20 years of experience building rackmount servers.
- Pre-installed with the latest FreeNAS on a dedicated, internal flash device
- Hot-swap functionality with tool-less, front loading drive bays
- Redundant energy efficient power supply and cooling fans
- Add media streaming, alternative protocols, web applications and more
- Host VMs, files, backup repositories, media libraries, and data bases
- Intelligent storage optimization saves space and improves performance
- Ultra quiet design
- Remote management
- Guaranteed FreeNAS Compatibility
- 3-Year Hardware Warranty with all software updates
|Model||FreeNAS 1U||FreeNAS 2U||FreeNAS 4U|
|Form Factor||4 Bay Rackmount||12 Bay Rackmount||24 Bay Rackmount|
|CPU||Intel Quad Core Xeon E3 3.30Ghz Socket FC LGA12C 8MB Cache (69W)||Intel Four Core 2.50Ghz Xeon 10MB cache 6.4 GT/s QPI (80W) (E5-2609v2)(Upgrade to Intel Six Core 2.10Ghz Xeon 15MB cache 7.2 GT/s QPI (80W) (E5-2620v2))||Intel Four Core 2.50Ghz Xeon 10MB cache 6.4 GT/s QPI (80W) (E5-2609v2)(Upgrade to Intel Six Core 2.10Ghz Xeon 15MB cache 7.2 GT/s QPI (80W) (E5-2620v2))|
|Memory||16GB ECC DDR3 (Upgradable to 32GB)||32GB ECC DDR3 (Upgradable to 128GB)||32GB ECC DDR3 (Upgradable to 128GB)|
|RAID Level||RAID-Z, RAID-Z2, RAID-Z3 (Up to Triple Parity), ZFS Mirror, ZFS Stripe||RAID-Z, RAID-Z2, RAID-Z3 (Up to Triple Parity), ZFS Mirror, ZFS Stripe||RAID-Z, RAID-Z2, RAID-Z3 (Up to Triple Parity), ZFS Mirror, ZFS Stripe|
|RAID Engine||ZFS-based RAID||ZFS-based RAID||ZFS-based RAID|
|Network||10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Dual-Port||4 x 1GbE Network interface (Onboard) - (Upgrade to 1 x 10 Gigabit Dual Port Interface||4 x 1GbE Network interface (Onboard) - (Upgrade to 1 x 10 Gigabit Dual Port Interface|
|Hard Drive Trays||4 x SATA/SAS HDD trays||12 x SATA/SAS HDD trays||24 x SATA/SAS HDD trays|
|Power Supply||Redundant 400W (100V to 230V) (Auto-Switching) High Efficiency (Gold Level)||Redundant 1280W (100V to 230V) (Auto-Switching) High Efficiency (Platinum level)||920W Redundant (1+1) high-efficiency AC-DC (Platinum Level) power supplies with PMBus and I2C|
|User Control Interface||Web Browser||Web Browser||Web Browser|
|Dimension (in.)||17.2"W x 19.85"D x 1.7"H||17.2"W x 25.5"D x 3.5"H||17.2"W x 26"D x 7"H|
|Safety Regulations||CE, FCC, UL, RoHS||CE, FCC, UL, RoHS||CE, FCC, UL, RoHS|
|Limited Warranty||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years|
FreeNAS Certified Servers Warranty
FreeNAS Certified Servers come with a 3 year hardware warranty. No additional purchase required. Terms of warranty:
- 3-Year Hardware Warranty: Defective hardware component replacement.
- Software Updates: Software updates are provided for three years.
- FreeNAS is an open source project which is supported by the FreeNAS community. iXsystems does not provide support on the FreeNAS OS.