Zoneminder db access broken

SimpleUser

Cadet
I had zoneminder working almost great for more than one year.
It was not great because:

1) I never was able to start it automatically after a server power down (because of power failure)
2) I had a 2TB HDD that was becoming short

So, hoping to fix 1) and leaving 2) for after I decided to update the zoneminder plugin though the Plugins -> UPDATE
I think nothing was updated (in the shell I issue zmc --version and I still have the same version that is 1.36.12) and I guess access to the db was lost, as when I write:

Code:
zmcamtool.pl       zmore              zmtrigger.pl
zmcontrol.pl       zmpkg.pl           zmu
zmdc.pl            zmrecover.pl       zmupdate.pl
root@ZoneminderJail:~ # zmc --version
root@ZoneminderJail:~ # service zoneminder start
DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','dbadmin',...) failed: Access denied for user 'dbadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.
DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','dbadmin',...) failed: Access denied for user 'dbadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.
06/13/22 19:41:13.520021 zmpkg[48519].ERR [ZoneMinder::Database:114] [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Access denied for user 'dbadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) error val:]
06/13/22 19:41:13.520312 zmpkg[48519].ERR [ZoneMinder::Database:114] [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Access denied for user 'dbadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) error val:]

I did made my search before posting this and I found other users saying that the password on the post install notes must match the settings on the /usr/local/etc/zm.conf file. This makes total sense, but I do not know what changed the password or settings (the failed update ?!). So I did checked the post install notes:

1655145802783.png

so I made sure that they are both the same:

1655146058936.png

I also changed the file /root/dbpassword so that the password is the same (also the dbname and dbuser):
1655145914777.png

I did restarted the jail not nothing... The GUI presents:

1655146110855.png

So it looks a permission thing.
At the end no update was made and system is down.

I would be very interested in knowing how should I update correctly zoneminder before repairing what is wrong, and yes, I need this repaired. I do not want my wife saying that all the invested time and resources are for nothing. I think something will happen where the cameras are needed when they are offline...

Thank you

sretalla