ZoL -> OpenZFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodyIron

Contributor
Hey Folks,

Buddy pointed me to the ZoL 0.7.0 release notes ( http://list.zfsonlinux.org/pipermail/zfs-announce/2017-July/000015.html ), and there's some parts of it that are particularly interesting... such as...

Code:
* Latency and request size histograms - Use the zpool iostat -l option
  to show on-the-fly latency stats and zpool iostat -w to generate a
  histogram showing the total latency of each IO. The zpool iostat -r
  option can be used to show the size of each IO. These statistics are
  available per-disk to aid in finding misbehaving devices.

So I was wondering, does anyone know if this kind of stuff is getting back-ported to OpenZFS and in-turn FreeNAS? This stuff sounds super duper neato, and I'd love to have it!

Thoughts? :D

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hasn't this been available on other openZFS platforms for quite some time now?

D

dlavigne

Thanks for the heads up. Our FreeBSD ZFS porter will look into porting those switches to FreeBSD.

In the meantime, a FreeNAS system debug contains equivalent data, but it uses a dtrace probe to gather it.

BloodyIron

Contributor
Uh not sure if it's in FNAS 11, but 9.10.2-U5 does not seem to have the iostat stuff. Is it in FNAS11? ( FreeNAS 11 for indexing )

BloodyIron

Contributor
I think it would be pretty sweet to get the histogram stuff piped into the Reporting section of FNAS! :D

Thanks for the heads up. Our FreeBSD ZFS porter will look into porting those switches to FreeBSD.

In the meantime, a FreeNAS system debug contains equivalent data, but it uses a dtrace probe to gather it.

Status
Not open for further replies.