ZNC (IRC bouncer) Install following ports guide problem

paradoxiom

Patron
Following the thread here trying to setup a ZNC on my server again. Ran into this problem;

"
3. Now to update the ports you have. We will compile portmaster and use that to update the ports installed applications you already have.

# /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster "

root@ZNC:/ # /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster: Permission denied.
root@ZNC:/ #

Followed everything directly but can't get past this. Everything fine up until this point. Made a new user, gave it sudo and made it owner of the jail etc and tried logging in with that and still no dice. Tried googling the error and none of the posted solutions worked etc.

Help please.

paradoxiom

Patron
New install on 13-beta
"don't know how to make install" with a beta-13 basejail
tried the previous release basejail (which I know it worked on):

Untitled.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
portmaster is old/deprecated, you should use svnlite or git to update ports now:

svnlite co https://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports
or
svnlite co https://svn.freebsd.org/ports/branches/2021Q1 /usr/ports
followed by
cd /usr/ports; svnlite update for subsequent updates.

Credit:

paradoxiom

Patron
Thanks for that

paradoxiom

Patron
1645802306335.png
Fails near the end of make install clean :(

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is there a reason you can't use the pkg? (pkg install znc)

You're using an 8 year old post there to install from.

paradoxiom

Patron
I don't know why I ended up following that guide, but I remember having a lot of trouble trying to get it installed manually (don't like using plugins). I probably came across it on google and just followed it. Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I take it the pkg install worked?

paradoxiom

Patron
I've just installed the pkg and following the old guide, did adduser, created the znc-admin user, the next step would be "
cd /usr/ports/irc/znc
znc --makeconf" to create the config file, but since it's not a port I'm gonna try and find the right place.

Edit: Figured that out.
1645806829030.png

sretalla