ZFS Volume created from CLI invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbus

Cadet
I wanted to migrate my ZFS Mirror (2 disks) to a 4 disk RAIDZ, reusing my 2 spindles from the mirror. So I broke the mirror, created a 1.5TB sparse file to create a RAIDZ with 3 physical disks and the sparse file. I set the sparse file disk offline, zpool went degraded but survided. Copied my data from the old mirror disk over to the RAIDZ and replaced the sparse file disk with the physical disk.
My zpool is now healthy and well, but the FreeNAS GUI didn't pick up on this, using 8.3.1 p2 X64. One of the features was to sync CLI created ZVOLS into the GUI but already when I created the sparse file the GUI didn't pick it up. I hoped that the GUI would pick the zpool up once I replaced the pseudo disk with a physical disk, but that didn't happen.

Due to this, all my shares and iSCSI extents are offline. Any assistance would be appreciated.

titan_rw

Guru
Assuming everything is healthy, simply export the pool from the CLI. Then auto-import it in the gui. That should get the web interface up to date with what's been going on behind it's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.