ZFS Send to Resync?

ChrisNAS

Explorer
Hello,

I followed a guide to copy data from current pool to a new pool of new hard drives with the plan of replacing the existing drives.

To copy the data over, I used: zfs send -R <old pool>@<name of snapshot> | zfs receive -F <new pool>

That zfs send took a long time to complete and I haven't yet finalized the migration. I believe that there may be some changes in files since doing the zfs send and need to resync the two pools.

Is there a way to resync the data between the two pools again without destroying every I've already copied over? I tried creating a new snapshot of the current pool and using the command again to send it to the new pool again, but it fails with messages like:

TIME SENT SNAPSHOT
cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination has snapshots (eg. NewPool@migration)
must destroy them to overwrite it
]
]warning: cannot send 'OldPool@manual': signal received
TIME SENT SNAPSHOT
warning: cannot send 'OldPool@migration': Broken pipe

sretalla