ZFS Replication over WAN monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henri

Cadet
Hi,

have 2 locations running 1 Freenas (3*2TB RAIDZ) each. I configured both Freenas systems to cross replicate the data over a WAN connection (10/50, 6/100 Mbit, 2TB to replicate per location). I would prefer to use ZFS replicate, if this is not realible, use rsync instead. Currently I find no way to monitor the ZFS replication activity, results, failures, recovery actions etc.. How to do this? Any comment about the restartability/resumabilty of ZFS replication ./. rsync for large files (Mac OS X Sparsebundles 30GB each)?

Btw. very nice product, ZFS is a big adventure, I'am able to copy data with > 120Mbyte/sec on vSphere 5 with 10GBit Ethernet. Dedup would we interesting to test.

Thanks
Henri

mstroven

Cadet
Replication monitoring...

I too would like to run this type of setup - replicating to an off-site data-center of both Mac OS X timemachine sparsebundles and data from a CIFS share (Alfresco repository). Any pointers as to how to keep track of replication / sync status would be greatly appreciated.

itiec

Cadet
Effectively, the release 0.7 had a better monitor/log tools. And, by the way, I'm not satisfied with the reliability of rsync in release 0.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.