ZFS and GUI mount points out of sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

James0

Cadet
I'm running FreeNAS 8.0.2-RELEASE-amd64 (8288). I was about to post a request for help, but have just solved my problem. I'd nevertheless like to get some clarity on why it might have happened. I have a zpool called tank set up. It's been working fine for about six months. Recently, I had a power failure. When the system came back up, the pool would no longer mount at boot. All tools reported that it was healthy but, indeed, not mounted. On boot, the GUI reported errors getting its size and usage information.

Eventually, I noticed that the GUI thought that the mount point was /mnt/tank (which it always had been), but "zfs mount tank" mounted the pool straight to /tank. On further investigation, "zfs get mountpoint tank" indeed returned simply /tank. I changed the mountpoint using "zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/tank tank", to get ZFS back in sync with the GUI, and now everything mounts fine at boot.

I understand that the GUI and ZFS can lose touch with each other -- and I've noticed that one of the major new features of 8.2 is a more direct link between the two. That's great, because 90% of the issues I've had with this installation (and there've been quite a few) have been because the GUI somehow became desynchronized. Nevertheless, anybody have any idea what could have caused this? Should I consider reporting a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.