SOLVED zfs allow mount ineffective

Status
Not open for further replies.

russoj88

Dabbler
I have a FreeNAS box that I've had running for a while keeping up to date with 9.3-STABLE (201504100216). I also have a few PC-BSD machines and wanted to start replicating them to the FreeNAS box. I followed all the instructions in the PC-BSD wiki, but kept getting an error with an empty error log. I then tried to do the send/recv manually and found out that FreeNAS couldn't mount/unmount the dataset. Below is some output from a terminal.
Code:
~% whoami
jeff
~% zfs unmount j-nas/data/full_backup/dev-0
cannot unmount '/mnt/j-nas/data/full_backup/dev-0': Operation not permitted
~% zfs allow j-nas/data/full_backup/dev-0
---- Permissions on j-nas/data/full_backup/dev-0 ---------------------
Local+Descendent permissions:
  user jeff create,destroy,hold,mount,receive,rename,send,userprop

The dev-0 dataset is completely empty. From my understanding, granting the mount permission should've allowed both mount and unmount zfs subcommands. Is that correct? Is there another permission I need to be able to do this? I'm not sure where to go from here. I can create a dataset, but get the warning that it is not mounted because the permission does not exist.

D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.pcbsd.org (note it is for the PC-BSD devs). This is either a doc bug (missing zfs allow option) or a Life Preserver bug. Include the PC-BSD "Version" string from Control Panel -> About in the bug report.

D

dlavigne

I suspect the problem is on the LP side, not the FN side. There was one fix in another LP bug earlier this week which may be related and I'll test out the docs for that fix next week when the new ISO becomes available.

russoj88

Dabbler
On the PCBSD 10.1.1 EDGE packages, the 'mounpoint' permission is needed to perform replication (on the FreeNAS dataset).

D

dlavigne

Yup, and the docs have been tested and updated in the src (will be in RC1 which is due out tonight or early tomorrow).

Status
Not open for further replies.