Yet another Eaton issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ElPatron

Hi,

I had a look at the UPS compatibility list at networkupstools.org as described in the Wiki and decided to order an Eaton Powerware 5130 UPS model.

After connecting it to my FN Beta4 box, the CLI reported the connected usb device at port /dev/ugen1.2. So I configured the UPS service via the GUI an tried to start the service, but the service doesn´t start. The GUI reports 'The service could not be started' and that´s all. I tried to select different Eaton UPS models, but with no effort. Every time I open the UPS configuration dialog, the driver for APC back UPS Pro is preselected.

Has anyone similar experiences or hints?

Thanks for any hint,
Markus

KitDavis

Dabbler
E

ElPatron

Hi KitDavis,

thanks for the hint, after reading the mentioned thread I chmoded /dev/ugen1.2 to 777 - with no effort. I´ll wait for the next beta and try it again then.

Bye,
Markus

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Well, UPS was developed but not tested!

If anyone can find out why freenas is not shutting down the machine (by looking logs and messing with the scripts) please fill a ticket into support.freenas.org and the fix will be integrated.

Unfortunately I don't have a UPS myself to do so...

E

ElPatron

Hi Willianm,

I´m not too much experienced in locating hardware problems under FreeBSD. Would you help me locating the problem? You could access my FN machine via http and ssh for any purposes. But first I´ll wait for the next beta and try it by myself...

Thanks,
Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.