X11SSM-F New BIOS Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Yes, when I say "all was fine" with the BIOS update, I, of course, am *NOT* including the necessity to reset the boot drive order, which is a normal part of the process.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I think it's always rebooted a few times for every BIOS update I've installed on this board. I only included the details here for the folks who have never done an update and might get a bit worried watching it reboot so often. And the boot order, just for completeness. I was actually a bit surprised that the boot order started with my Add-On SATA card and not the MB ports.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I think it's always rebooted a few times for every BIOS update I've installed on this board. I only included the details here for the folks who have never done an update and might get a bit worried watching it reboot so often. And the boot order, just for completeness. I was actually a bit surprised that the boot order started with my Add-On SATA card and not the MB ports.
Yes, the first few times I updated the BIOS in a SuperMicro (it was an X10SLM), and it rebooted like 4 times, I nearly lost bowel control...

Status
Not open for further replies.