X10SLM+-F Node 304 Flash drive clearance/recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

Contributor
I have a Fractal Design Node 304 and a SuperMicro X10SLM+-F on its way and was hoping to order a flash drive that will fit in the on board port. I dont know how much clearance there is between the port and the drive cage in this case and hoped someone could chime in.

Im also looking for Flash drive recommendations. Theres a plethora of flash drives out there and the only ones i've seen people mention are Corsair Voyagers and Sandisk drives. Both manufacturers have numerous models available.

I ordered a Sandisk Ultra and it came to me partially DOA, it doesnt work in a usb 3.0 port, but works in a 2.0 port. Thats not too reassuring, however I doubt it would even have fit anyway.

I have a few of these lying around, but theyre a bit slow. (Would that really even matter?) Theyre pretty small and may fit. They seem to be pretty reliable too and would probably run somewhat cool

nick779

Contributor
I hope you also ordered a saw or already own one.

The Node 304 is a ITX chassis.
Oh hell.... I missed that somehow. Nothing was mentioned on my build thread and I totally missed it.

Z300M

Guru
I have a Fractal Design Node 304 and a SuperMicro X10SLM+-F on its way and was hoping to order a flash drive that will fit in the on board port. I dont know how much clearance there is between the port and the drive cage in this case and hoped someone could chime in.

Im also looking for Flash drive recommendations. Theres a plethora of flash drives out there and the only ones i've seen people mention are Corsair Voyagers and Sandisk drives. Both manufacturers have numerous models available.

I ordered a Sandisk Ultra and it came to me partially DOA, it doesnt work in a usb 3.0 port, but works in a 2.0 port. Thats not too reassuring, however I doubt it would even have fit anyway.

I have a few of these lying around, but theyre a bit slow. (Would that really even matter?) Theyre pretty small and may fit. They seem to be pretty reliable too and would probably run somewhat cool
The SanDisk Cruzer Fit is very small.

nick779

Contributor
I guess it wont matter any more, I ordered the Node 804

Status
Not open for further replies.