write issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwav8or

Cadet
I'm running FreeNAS 9.2.1.7 as a guest inside VMWare ESXi 5.5. My VMWare ESXi host has an LSI 9341-4i RAID card with 4 2TB Seagate NAS drives configured in a RAID10 array. I've created a 2TB volume and a Windows share on that volume. The guest account has been given full permissions to the volume and the share so that a password is not needed. I use this share for media files. Read performance is good but write performance is horrible, especially on large files. Also, when I try to copy large files of 1GB or more the file transfer will start out around 30MB/s but will quickly dwindle down to 3MB/s or less and will eventually stop without completing the file transfer.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Guess I'll put on my lollerskates!

gpsguy

Before you posted your message, you had to agree to new terms that stated that you must list your hardware details, when posting a message for help. See the forum rules (in red) at the top of the page.

Start by reading this sticky: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ide-to-not-completely-losing-your-data.12714/

Obviously your system is inadequate, misconfigured, probably starved for RAM, ... and by using hardware RAID, just waiting on disaster to strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.