Won't let me not encrypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

nationalism

Cadet
Why does GEOM_ELI show "Encryption: AES-XTS 256, Crypto: software" when I create a new volume, despite specifically NOT checking the encryption box?

titan_rw

Guru
Swap partitions are encrypted by default.

Are you sure it's not this you're seeing?

Knowltey

Patron
Where are you seeing this? During boot? If so, then you are just seeing the swap partitions as the other poster has indicated.

nationalism

Cadet
That's true, and I found that when I googled, but from the console output itself (or from googling it,) there's no indication that it's the swap partition that GEOM_ELI is declaring as encrypted, and not the partition itself. Either way, thanks for the help.

Knowltey

Patron
That's true, and I found that when I googled, but from the console output itself (or from googling it,) there's no indication that it's the swap partition that GEOM_ELI is declaring as encrypted, and not the partition itself. Either way, thanks for the help.

Eh, there is if you're familiar enough with BSD and what it means when it says ada0p1 as opposed to just ada0. But yeah it's not terribly clear in and of itself. Granted that just means partition 1 as opposed to partition 2, which with FreeNAS ada0p1 will be swap and ada0p2 will be data.

But it's probably not a terribly large priority as most people aren't going to be watching all that boot up unless there is a reason to be watching it, be that something wrong, or just after performing a version update.

Heh, at least it isn't as confusing as the place where it spits out a line that says nothing but "fork trampoline"

Status
Not open for further replies.