SOLVED Woke up this morning to unable to stat /usr/local/etc/sudoers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinnx

Dabbler
Morning (afternoon,evening) all,

I woke up this morning and I couldn't access the Web GUI, so I connected and it kept repeating the following over and over again

root: unable to stat /isr/local/etc/sudoers

I can still SSH onto the server and my sudoers file looks like this

'FreenasAdmin ALL=(ALL) ALL
Defaults syslog_goodpri = debug
Defaults secure_path = /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin

# Let find_alias_for_smtplib.py runs as root (it needs database access)
ALL ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /etc/find_alias_for_smtplib.py'

After a reboot above message goes away, but I am still unable to access the GUI, all I get is the following attached screen screen shots.

Nothing has changed recently, no updates, just cannot access the GUI.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2016-06-10_07-23-47.png
    2016-06-10_07-23-47.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 2016-06-10_08-56-11.png
    2016-06-10_08-56-11.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 261

Quinnx

Dabbler
Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari, it does not matter on the browser, or the client. Tried on windows and linux & even a MAC, same result.

I have even cleared all cache and setup a brand new VM to test, still same result.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Morning (afternoon,evening) all,

I woke up this morning and I couldn't access the Web GUI, so I connected and it kept repeating the following over and over again

root: unable to stat /isr/local/etc/sudoers

"isr"? Or "usr"?

Either way it seems likely your FreeNAS firmware is corrupt somehow, you should probably try reloading it. You haven't given us anything to work with here, so it's hard to provide more specific suggestions.

Quinnx

Dabbler
"isr"? Or "usr"?

Either way it seems likely your FreeNAS firmware is corrupt somehow, you should probably try reloading it. You haven't given us anything to work with here, so it's hard to provide more specific suggestions.

Thats because its all I have at the moment.

Do you know if there is a manual way to reload the firmware with using GUI, as that no longer works?

Thanks

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Thats because its all I have at the moment.

No, it isn't. You *could* provide us with some information about your system, following the requirements conspicuously posted in the Forum Rules conveniently linked in red at the top of every page. This would give some clues, because "I installed FreeNAS on a microSD card in a USB port" is very different from "I installed FreeNAS on a pair of mirrored 60GB SSD's" and the advice you'd be getting for the first situation is very different from the advice in the second.

Do you know if there is a manual way to reload the firmware with using GUI, as that no longer works?

Yes. Reinstall it. Which is about all I can say given that I have no idea about what your system looks like.

Quinnx

Dabbler
Ah ok,

Well its a Xeon 1265L CPU, 32GB ECC Ram, 4x 4TB drives in a raid, I have about 12tb of videos and 1tb of audio files.

The boot jail is on a msata 128GB SSD drive.

And as above requested...

Below is what I can find/remember as I can't access the GUI
  1. * FreeNAS version (ex. “FreeNAS 9.10 Stable 64-bit”)
  2. * Hardware:
  3. * Motherboard SuperMicro X9SCM-F
  4. * CPU Intel Xeon 1265l
  5. * RAM Size 32GB
  6. Hard Drives (4x4TB WDRED RAIDZ, 4xTBWD RRED RAID0
  7. Add-On cards HP LBA Card of sort
  8. For network connectivity, 1gb NIC onboard.
Not sure how any of that helps.

Last edited:

Quinnx

Dabbler
Ok, she is back!

The upgrade/reinstall did the trick.

Suppose I need to invest more time understanding the system that I have and how to use FreeNas before putting all my eggs in one basket.

Thanks for your time gents!

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Actually, ZFS is designed to protect the eggs even if the basket's damaged. In the worst case scenario where you have a boot device that totally craps out, all you need to do is to install a new boot device and then load the FreeNAS system back onto it. That's why we pay a lot more attention to making sure that the ZFS pool disks are in good health and error-free... it's the loss of pool disks that opens up the opportunity for data loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.