Windows CIFS Share constantly asked to provide username/password

Status
Not open for further replies.

aseikola

Cadet
In Freenas i've created some users that match users on my Windows 7 box for testing. I've created a dataset, assigned it Windows ACL and set the administrator as the owner of the share. On the Windows 7 pc I log in as administrator and am able to access the share, create files etc. The first thing I did was create a folder for user1. I went to the security properties and went to add user1, entered user1 in and then clicked "check names" and then hit ok and i'm prompted to log in as a user who has permissions for freenas2 (my freenas netbios name). I use my administrator account username/password.....same as windows that i'm already logged into, and then user1 is added to the users and groups box.

This happens for every user /group I add. Is this normal? I've watched tutorials where guys never have to login to a box to add users from freenas.

I'm adding a picture, but i've seen tutorials where users are never asked to log in, I have to log in as the owner everytime I add a user/group under security properties.

Attachments

• freenas.JPG
    freenas.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's odd. Never seen it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.