Windows 10: move Documents/Pictures folder location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma

Patron
I have a workstation with two users. I would like to change the location of the Documents and Pictures folders to D:/Pictures and D:/Documents, respectively, and allow both users to share the same Pictures/Documents folder.

When I change the location for the folders to D:/Pictures and D:/Documents, one of them seems to override the other and they both go into the same folder.

Is what I want to do possible?

mine do not override each other, i simply opened the "this pc" window and in the quick launch on the left hand side of the window right clicked on my documents and opened properties. inside the properties window there is a location tab where you can locate it anywhere you like, if it's on a NAS like mine, I suggest you also setup offline availability. I've never tried to have pictures and documents share the folder i have picture nested inside documents like it used to be in older windows versions.

oguruma

Patron
What operating system are you using? What do you mean with
Say I start with all the libraries in their default location (C:\Users\Username\Documents for example) and I change the Documents library to D:\Documents. If I then change the Photos library to D:\Photos, the Documents library will change to D:\Photos. I can't fathom why it would do this. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something? This is a Windows 10 machine.

if you change documents back to D:\Documents does it change the photos destination? I've never seen behavior like that before, if so I don't know how to help you sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.