Why encryption is not a priority?

oblique666

Cadet
I'm using TrueNAS SCALE for a week and I'm feeling very disappointed that encryption is not really a priority.

These are the issues that bother me:

• Full disk encryption is not a thing and team doesn't believe on it (more info). This is very bad because the key of encrypted pool in just an unecrypted file on the unecrypted boot-pool. What if my homelab server get stolen?
  • ix-applications dataset is not encrypted because of a workaround (more info 1, 2). As a user when I choose to encrypt my pool, I expect that everything will be encrypted and the encryption shouldn't be turned off behind my back.
  • If I choose to create a dataset with a different key than the root one, apps related to it do not run smoothly. There is no way (or at least I didn't found one) for the apps to start automatically after I manually unlock that dataset. This could be done by allowing the user to add in a waiting list the datasets that need to be ready before the app starts. With this I could have a passphrase encryption on a specific dataset and after a reboot, login to my server, manually unlock it, and everything continues running smoothly.

PS: English is not my first language. I hope I expressed everything correctly.