Which FreeBSD source edition should I use to compile netgraph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

withinsea

Cadet
Trying run mpd5 in a standard jail,
and it requires some extra modules including netgraph.

My FreeNAS version is 9.2.1.7-RELEASE,
so I downloaded FreeBSD-9.2.1.7-RELEASE source from
https://github.com/trueos/trueos/tree/9.2.1.7-RELEASE
and run "make install" from trueos/sys/modules/netgraph/.

Compiled .ko files are succedded put into /boot/kernel,
but only a few of them can be loaded by kldload (ng_socket.ko, ng_fec.ko, etc),
other ones throw error like:
kldload: can't load netgraph.ko: Exec format error

What I did wrong? Please help me, thanks.

p.s. the output by "uname -a" is:
FreeBSD freenas.local 9.2-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p10 #0
r262572+4fb5adc: Wed Aug 6 17:07:16 PDT 2014
root@build3.ixsystems.com:/fusion/jkh/921/freenas/os-base/amd64/fusion/jkh/921/f
reenas/FreeBSD/src/sys/FREENAS.amd64 amd64

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What you did wrong is you didn't compile against FreeNAS. FreeNAS is a mix of TrueOS, FreeBSD, and custom code only for FreeNAS.

If you want to add netgraph support you have to compile FreeNAS itself. You need to get FreeNAS from github (which will include the applicable OS files to compile the entire OS) and go that route. You were doomed to fail the second you got github from trueos. :P

Noticed the differences between your uname -a and mine. (I did change my server name to protect the innocent)

FreeBSD freenas.freenas.com 9.2-RELEASE-p12 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p12 #0 r262572+b043649: Sun Sep 28 23:03:31 PDT 2014 root@build3.ixsystems.com:/tank/home/jkh/build/921/freenas/os-base/amd64/fusion/jkh/921/freenas/FreeBSD/src/sys/FREENAS.amd64 amd64

withinsea

Cadet
What you did wrong is you didn't compile against FreeNAS. FreeNAS is a mix of TrueOS, FreeBSD, and custom code only for FreeNAS.

If you want to add netgraph support you have to compile FreeNAS itself. You need to get FreeNAS from github (which will include the applicable OS files to compile the entire OS) and go that route. You were doomed to fail the second you got github from trueos. :p

Noticed the differences between your uname -a and mine. (I did change my server name to protect the innocent)
Thanks! I'll try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.