Where or how to configure kubernetes cluster network behavior?

Intel

Explorer
Under Apps > Settings > Advanced Settings - I can set the cluster IP block for internal network (default is 172.16.0.0/16) as well as 'service CIDR'

what i am looking to do is make sure that when apps get assigned an IP from this pool, they can't reach the internet or other parts of my LAN - where could I find this configuration file?

are there any 3rd party tools for kubernetes that i can run on truenas scale to help with kubernetes config management? Alas something like portainer which has more configuration settings?

Thanks

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Under Apps > Settings > Advanced Settings - I can set the cluster IP block for internal network (default is 172.16.0.0/16) as well as 'service CIDR'

what i am looking to do is make sure that when apps get assigned an IP from this pool, they can't reach the internet or other parts of my LAN - where could I find this configuration file?

are there any 3rd party tools for kubernetes that i can run on truenas scale to help with kubernetes config management? Alas something like portainer which has more configuration settings?

Thanks
By default, that is the behaviour but an external router could connect to the Internet or your LAN.
For more advanced network security, a separate firewall is recommended.
TrueCharts also leverages Traefik as a Proxy... there are more controls there as well.

Its a useful discussion about what more is needed.. best done with a specific use-case in mind. There may be solutions that others have developed.