Where is the configuration file for the TrueNAS dashboard?

Jibun no Kage

Dabbler
Where is the configuration file for the TrueNAS dashboard? I have tried several times, to reorder the panels, but they keep reverting back to the original, default order, event after I have 'save' the new configuration. So, would like to know where the file is in the filesystem, so I can capture the configuration, and confirm it is actually being saved.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
That would be in the db... /data/freenas-v1.db

You'll need an SQLite editor to view or modify that file (which I don't recommend doing directly... you can grab that file from a config backup tarball).

Maybe it's not there... but that's my best guess.

Jibun no Kage

Dabbler
So the reorder feature is effectively broken? I change the older, click save, and the tiles revert back to the default layout every time. If I change the order, and do not click save, in about 15 seconds, the tiles revert back to the original default layout every time. Is this a known bug or something?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I note that I can "reproduce" what you describe, but I also note that the correct behavior happens if I "force reload" the page... have you done a forced reload after saving your changes?

Whattteva

Wizard
I note that I can "reproduce" what you describe, but I also note that the correct behavior happens if I "force reload" the page... have you done a forced reload after saving your changes?
Just making sure he understands force reload. It's not just a regular refresh (typically CTRL-R). It purges the cache and then reloads (CTRL-SHIFT-R).

Sidebar: I've used TrueNAS for 15 years and didn't even know there's such a thing as reordering the UI. TIL.

I'm looking at the UI, I still don't know how to do it. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I've used TrueNAS for 15 years and didn't even know there's such a thing as reordering the UI.
AFAIK it's only possible in SCALE.

Whattteva

Wizard
AFAIK it's only possible in SCALE.
Aaahh that makes sense. I do now see the reorder button. Seems to only rearrange the dashboard. Would be nice if I can rearrange the menu instead cause I hate the UX of SCALE menu.

schnaggels

Cadet
I can confirm for TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2 the workaround (forced reload) works fine (firefox)!

Had the same issue with dashboard order getting restored each time after clicking SAVE...