weird log entry in messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrumNBisco

Dabbler
I used temp fix to resolve this. Moving forward, will this temporary fix cause an issue? Should I just roll back to a previous boot env and wait for an official resolution?

J

jkh

Hi guys, my face is red. :oops:

I bungled the fix to /etc/ttys in that update (and no, it's not fixed yet - I'm doing that right now). The path to zfsd should be /sbin/zfsd - it got moved into a system location from /usr/local and I forgot to track that change in /etc/ttys. No idea why it didn't show up in my console log last night, but it shows up this morning, and I've already fixed it. New update on the way now (containing just this fix).

Hi guys, my face is red. :oops:

I bungled the fix to /etc/ttys in that update (and no, it's not fixed yet - I'm doing that right now). The path to zfsd should be /sbin/zfsd - it got moved into a system location from /usr/local and I forgot to track that change in /etc/ttys. No idea why it didn't show up in my console log last night, but it shows up this morning, and I've already fixed it. New update on the way now (containing just this fix).
I just installed the update, and everything appears to be working just fine. Thanks Jordan for the quick turn around. iXSystems is great.(patting Jordan on the back)

reqlez

Explorer
Yep, fixed in 9.3-STABLE-201502271848 (along with a couple of other things that make hot-sparing more effective).
Wait a sec ... isn't ZFSD used for automatic ( versus manual ) hot swap ? or am i wrong ? Did you guys just silently add hot swap support ?

Status
Not open for further replies.