Webserver no longer works after Nginx update

anonnasuser

Cadet
Hello, I'm currently on TrueNAS 13.0-U5.1 and, as the title says, when I update to a newer version of ngnix the webserver stops working. I want to update because the version we're currently on pops on security scans with high vulnerabilities. I use pkg add at it works, but when I restart the NAS the network interfaces are no longer displayed on the login screen, I can't make calls to the api, and the web UI is not reachable. Has anyone else had this issue? If so how did you resolve?

anonnasuser

Cadet
I should add that when I run service nginx status it does return with a PID the service is running on so it does start.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You mean the nginx serving the TrueNAS WebGUI? Yeah, that's 100% not supported and the WebGUI is 100% not supposed to be exposed to the internet, so vulnerabilities in nginx are not likely to be too relevant.

anonnasuser

Cadet
You mean the nginx serving the TrueNAS WebGUI? Yeah, that's 100% not supported and the WebGUI is 100% not supposed to be exposed to the internet, so vulnerabilities in nginx are not likely to be too relevant.
I suspected as much.