SOLVED openssl update to 1.1.1?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If you have a test system or can easily create a VM you could try TrueNAS Core beta and a jail based on FreeBSD 12.1. FreeBSD 12 has current OpenSSL.

ornias

Wizard
If you have a test system or can easily create a VM you could try TrueNAS Core beta and a jail based on FreeBSD 12.1. FreeBSD 12 has current OpenSSL.

I'm currently testing 12.1 jails on TrueNAS CORE 12 BETA.
I can't find any issues with it on the jail side and I'm testing our full subset of jails (some of which get relatively complicated, such as Traefik).
So TLDR its worth the try.

(hint: Mono 6.8 with Jackett is something I actually tested today on the beta, works fine.)

sleeper52

Explorer
I'm currently testing 12.1 jails on TrueNAS CORE 12 BETA.
I can't find any issues with it on the jail side and I'm testing our full subset of jails (some of which get relatively complicated, such as Traefik).
So TLDR its worth the try.

(hint: Mono 6.8 with Jackett is something I actually tested today on the beta, works fine.)

All of my indexers on Jackett actually work EXCEPT for losslessclub.com for some reason.

sleeper52

Explorer
Are you talking about 12.1 or 11.3? Because previously you where talking about 11.3....

11.3. on mono 6.8 I haven't updated to TrueNAS Core yet. I'm waiting for the official release version.
Have you given losslessclub.com a try on 12.1? Which OpenSSL version is 12.1 running on?

ornias

Wizard
11.3. on mono 6.8 I haven't updated to TrueNAS Core yet. I'm waiting for the official release version.
Have you given losslessclub.com a try on 12.1? Which OpenSSL version is 12.1 running on?
I just commented the fact 12.1 jails and mono 6.8 came out of my testing to be stable.
Anyway: As explained before by @Patrick M. Hausen :

FreeBSD 12 has current OpenSSL.
Same goes for the 12.1 jails ofc.

sleeper52

Explorer
I just commented the fact 12.1 jails and mono 6.8 came out of my testing to be stable.
Anyway: As explained before by @Patrick M. Hausen :

Same goes for the 12.1 jails ofc.

Ok I'll wait for TrueNAS Core official release.