Web UI upgrade failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlogik

Cadet
I recently attempted to upgrade my HP Microserver N40L from 8.3.0 to the latest release via the web interface.

The machine has the following specs:

Turion II Neo N40L @ 1.5 Ghz
8GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR 3
3x Samsung 2TB Ecogreen (in a RAID Z array)
1x Western Digital single disk (I can't remember its capacity)
FreeNAS running from a 4GB Imation USB 2.0 drive
Radeon x600 (for DVI output)

The machine doesn't have USB 3.0 support which I understand has caused a variety of issues for others.

When I attempted the upgrade via the web interface, the process never completed. I left it overnight (approx. 8 hours) and then did a hard reset of the machine as the web interface was not accessible.

When it boots now:

The system recognises all drives.
Gets to the Welcome to FreeNAS menu.
Initialises the NIC.

There are an endless stream of error messages containing the text 'No such column' as shown in the pic below:
pZK0AaioejDUdTiuyCxrHOT3ofOIcVMIWNl-c-lt3klxvJI7TW9VMz8OiO--6o5uUjUMRdCOcUc=w1896-h835

Would a fresh install kill my array? I'm about one month from doing an offline backup and I have some stuff which I would really prefer to salvage.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

D

dlavigne

Would a fresh install kill my array? I'm about one month from doing an offline backup and I have some stuff which I would really prefer to salvage.

A fresh install does not touch the storage disks. Save your config and restore it after the new install.

Hyperlogik

Cadet
Unfortunately I can't save the config as I can't access either the WebUI or the command line.

I have seen some references to 'reconfiguring' an array after the failure of a flash drive, but after searching the official manual I couldn't find any mention of this.

D

dlavigne

If you didn't save your config, reimport your disks after the install and recreate your config from scratch. This is why the upgrade process warns you several times to save your config :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.