web interface does not load up properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

elite_djk

Cadet
Hi any help would be great
I have set up a bootable usb key, boots up to the console set up menu just fine and gives me a IP but when I log into the web user interface I get the log in screen which I then log in, thats when the problem starts all I get is the 5 links on top(system,network,storage,sharing,services) which dont do anything, the two boxes below are empty blank, cant configure my set up?

Mobo asus P5G41C-M LX
Ram 4gig ddr 3 1300
2 x wd WDC WD20EARX-OOPAS (2TB)
1 x ST32000542AS (2TB)
1 X HITACHI HDS5C302OA (2TB)

elite_djk

Cadet
Here I was thinking it would be some complicated fix which I would not understand, loaded up firefox and low and behold it works thank you so much protasd your work on this forum is priceless.

alchemist

Cadet
I have the same problem

Have you tried another browser?

Using FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1

Hi, I was searching through the forum and found that this described my situation almost exactly, except mine is a bit worse. At some point within the last week when I have logged into the webgui (which has worked perfectly for the past year), the entire webgui menu was simply gone. I mean, the only thing left was the "service" icon which did nothing, the "freenas" banner at the top of the page, and the "iX systems" logo and link at the bottom. But everything was pushed up to the top of the page. Reboot, re login, clear cookies and cache, did nothing. I was using firefox 15. Also installed firefox 14 - still the same. Tried on Chrome - the same. Tried IE9 - the same, until I used "compatibility mode", then I got the same situation as decribed above with the icons and the 2 blanks spaces below. But now I can't get any further. I simply don't know what's going on. I can append the different options to the URL (/system/info/, for example) and the screen changes to that function - but the webgui menu never comes back. Any ideas? i am really out of options to try, and any help would be appreciated. really appreciated. thanks!

paleoN

Wizard
So, you don't have the same problem. Have you tried using a different USB stick for FN8?

alchemist

Cadet
Thanks

So, you don't have the same problem. Have you tried using a different USB stick for FN8?

Well, i saw it as a " yes and no", i do have the same problem when using IE9 in compatibility mode, but different with other browsers.

I haven't tried another using another USB, i'll try today, thanks for the suggestion. Did not occur to me that is could be a possibly faulty usb key.

Status
Not open for further replies.