Was rclone updated to v1.56.0 or not?

arrowd

Dabbler
I have just updated my TrueNAS Core 12.0-U5.1 to U6. The release notes say that rclone was updated ([NAS-111588] - Upgrade rclone to 1.56.0 to resolve Google API issue).

When I type 'rclone version' at a shell prompt, I see v1.53.1-DEV - the same as when I was at 12.0-U5.1.

Why is this important to me? See bug tracker 'NAS-111826 - Update rclone to 1.56.0' from 8/13/2021. Text:

"I am using TrueNAS Core v12.0-U5. I have setup an rclone task to duplicate my files to my personal One Drive space running each night. It's been working great for a month. This morning I got an alert email saying 'Cloud sync task "Push Don to OneDrive" failed.' I checked the log file and it showed numerous 'InvalidAuthenticationToken: Unable to initialize RPS'.

"I searched the web and found https://forum.rclone.org/t/invalidauthenticationtoken-unable-to-initalize-rps/23595 which describes the problem. The rclone author details a workaround piece of code that is inserted in the latest version of rclone which is v1.56.0. I typed rclone version in my TrueNAS shell and saw that the running rclone version is v1.53.1-DEV.

"Is it possible to update rclone to the latest version?"

The error I saw has appeared sporadically since then. Was rclone updated or not?

daemon

iXsystems
iXsystems
Greetings arrowd,

The reason you continue to see v1.53.1-DEV is because we did not perform a bulk update of rclone to v1.56.0.
What we did do instead, was to backport the Google API fix from v1.56.0 to TrueNAS 12.0-U6's version of rclone.
The patch applied was tested by our engineers and the issue was deemed resolved, however, note from the patch that
the version was left at v1.53.1.

If you are still encountering sporadic issues, please file a new JIRA issue and it will be addressed.