WARNING: The WebGUI Address could not bind to 192.168.1.103; using wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNot

Cadet
I recently updated my Freenas from an older version of 8.X to 9.2.1.3 64 bit.

I have searched and found several different threads that relate to this issue but none of them seem to correct my problem.
I am able to access the web gui through the assigned address at the router of 192.168.1.6

I am also seeing an issue with denied connections.
Again I have searched and found several threads that touch on this subject but nothing has seemed to correct this issue.
The issue is I can see the shares in Windows Explorer but I can not access any of the CIFS shares without a login request. When I enter the login information its kicked back as a bad login.

Please let me know any logs that may be needed to help resolve these issues.

D

dlavigne

Where is the .103 address coming from? And where and when are you seeing that error message?

NeoNot

Cadet
The address comes up under the ALERT button at the top right of the GUI.
The system posts fine and is accessible with the 192.168.1.6 address, for the WEB GUI, I just thought that combination of login issues and the IP wildcard issue might be related.

D

dlavigne

Regarding the alert, I think you are seeing this condition from http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Alert:

Some of the conditions that trigger an alert include:
  • the system is unable to bind to the WebGUI Address set in System → Settings → General
Regarding the CIFS issues, the version of Samba changed between 8.x and 9.2, so you'll want to review your settings and permissions. It might be worthwhile to upgrade to 9.2.1.4.1 first as it irons out a few more CIFS issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.