WARNING: Root device too small!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerswest

Cadet
Well I thought I'd give 9.3 a try over my 9.2.1.9, got as far as the .txz uploaded into memory, however it turns out my current boot USB is too small to support the install of 9.3.

So the question is, how would I go about migrating to a larger USB? If i do a clean install on a new USB, is there a way to import my config from 9.2.1.9?

Also, btw, there is a bug in the UI, it lets you upload a .txz without adding the checksum, only to make you sit and wait for the entire file to upload before telling you that you have to include a checksum, and then makes you upload the .txz again. Quite annoying that the UI didn't perform any client side validation before letting you sit and wait.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Save the config file, install to new media, upload the config file. Simple as that.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Also, btw, there is a bug in the UI, it lets you upload a .txz without adding the checksum, only to make you sit and wait for the entire file to upload before telling you that you have to include a checksum, and then makes you upload the .txz again. Quite annoying that the UI didn't perform any client side validation before letting you sit and wait.

Put in a ticket at bugs.freenas.org and it will get fixed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.