Volume Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3RadMan

Explorer
I was having a lot of errors on my freenas box, as in 3 faulted drives at once due to resilver I couldn't stop. I am hoping for the best and my data wasn't all destroyed, but I bet it was... So I thought it might have been the cable that was giving me issues, so I grabbed the first supermicro cable that popped up that had the correct connectors, but now I think I might have gotten the wrong cable.

http://store.supermicro.com/58cm-minisas-sata-cbl-0294l-02.html

Anyway, not the volume says unknown and I can't even import it. Did I get the wrong cable, or is my volume screwed?

I'm using 5 3tb WD Reds, 1 8tb WD red (was going to resilver 8tb drives in place of 3tb ones), and a LSI 9211-i8 in IT mode

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I was having a lot of errors on my freenas box, as in 3 faulted drives at once due to resilver I couldn't stop. I am hoping for the best and my data wasn't all destroyed, but I bet it was... So I thought it might have been the cable that was giving me issues, so I grabbed the first supermicro cable that popped up that had the correct connectors, but now I think I might have gotten the wrong cable.

http://store.supermicro.com/58cm-minisas-sata-cbl-0294l-02.html

Anyway, not the volume says unknown and I can't even import it. Did I get the wrong cable, or is my volume screwed?

I'm using 5 3tb WD Reds, 1 8tb WD red (was going to resilver 8tb drives in place of 3tb ones), and a LSI 9211-i8 in IT mode
There is no way to know which cable to use because you have not listed your hardware...

Technically true this poster stated in their other thread they had drives connected to their LSI controller view breakout cables why they ended up with a reverse breakout cable is likely a simple case of not reading the whole description of the product or jumping the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.