volume manager throws error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_connection

Patron
Latest update as of posting.
I used wizard to create my volume first time, but I noticed the storage tab looked different than usual.
You first have a volume then dataset ( even though zvol is the volume and not dataset)

However the mount points where odd (see PNG)

So I tied to recreate it with volume manager but got an exception (see pdf)

zvol seems to be created in the same way as wizard with mount points.

Code:
[root@AwesomeNAS ~]# zpool status                                                                                                 
  pool: freenas-boot                                                                                                              
state: ONLINE                                                                                                                    
  scan: none requested                                                                                                            
config:                                                                                                                           

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                                                    
        freenas-boot  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                                                  
          da6p2     ONLINE       0     0     0                                                                                    

errors: No known data errors                                                                                                      

pool: zvol                                                                                                                      
state: ONLINE                                                                                                                    
  scan: none requested                                                                                                            
config:                                                                                                                           

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                
        zvol                                            ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
            gptid/5f8a87be-bc36-11e4-b6d2-9cb654954454  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
            gptid/6038dede-bc36-11e4-b6d2-9cb654954454  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
          mirror-1                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
            gptid/60e57ac7-bc36-11e4-b6d2-9cb654954454  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
            gptid/618e6beb-bc36-11e4-b6d2-9cb654954454  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
          mirror-2                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
            gptid/623f0265-bc36-11e4-b6d2-9cb654954454  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                
            gptid/62ee75f9-bc36-11e4-b6d2-9cb654954454  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                

errors: No known data errors                                                                                                      
[root@AwesomeNAS ~]#                                                                                                                

Attachments

• FN_mount point.PNG
    FN_mount point.PNG
    1.5 KB · Views: 281
  • FN_storage.PNG
    FN_storage.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 269
  • FN_error.pdf
    134.1 KB · Views: 341

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
you named your pool "zvol"?

no_connection

Patron
When I made the same pool on same HW with FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201501241715 last time it worked fine.
So I might just go back and redo it without latest update.

I forgot to mention but update did fail and hang gui and shell. But I assumed they went fine as no new updates where available after a reboot (nice one after momentary press)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The display under the storage tab is normal. And other than that I'm not sure what you are asking.

no_connection

Patron
Then they changed it from 9.2
Well no matter.

The mounts still seems wrong(mnt used twice) and I still get the exception when creating a new volume.

I will reinstall tomorrow and see if that helps.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
yep =)
I have seen others use it as well.

Bad idea. Avoid common zfs and Unix terms. At best, they're confusing. At worst, they might be misinterpreted by some poorly-escaped script.

Status
Not open for further replies.