VM_FreeNAS + Areca5040 external iSCSI array

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0nuf2

Cadet
Hello.

I'm running FreeNAS 9 in a VMware VM. I have an external Areca 5040 RAID enclosure with iSCSI configured. How do I connect Areca to FreeNAS as the storage? In other words, there's no storage local to FN, It's all going to be DAS. Is this possible and if so, how?

This is a 7TB iSCSI volume: #iscsictl add target iqn.1998-01.com.sgmsys-09,192.168.0.6:3260 as configured from BSD/MAC OS.

FreeNAS keeps coming up with IP 0.7 (of the VM) for the portal config. The array is on 0.6. I don't get an option to add the IP of the iSCSI array in FN.

Information appreciated.

V/r,
n0nuf

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Stux

MVP
In the realm of totally unsupported, and you'll end up crying, can you not mount the volume outside the VM, and then provide it as a virtual disk to FreeNAS?

n0nuf2

Cadet
In the realm of totally unsupported, and you'll end up crying, can you not mount the volume outside the VM, and then provide it as a virtual disk to FreeNAS?

Thanks for the reply. That might work, I'd have to try it. The VM is for testing. The end result I wanted was a mini computer (like NUC) running bare-metal FN and attach iSCSI external storage to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.