Not open for further replies.

Steve Hicks

Cadet
Hi,
Im running
Build FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5)

Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz

Memory 16240MB
I have setup and am running win 10 in VM on 2 cores and 8gb allocated ram, all works ok apart from the fact that windows does no recognise the ram allocated to it!
When i view the 'about windows' page the 8gb ram is there and showing.
I need to run an update and each time i do i get the same error "you do not have enough ram to run the update 2gb minimum is needed to run update".

Does anyone know what i have done wrong?

rs225

Guru
Bring up task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc), switch to performance tab and see what Memory shows. If it looks good, check your free disk space. Also check that your swap file isn't disabled or set too small. What kind of 'update' is this that requires 2GB of RAM?

gpsguy

My guess is that the OP is trying to upgrade Windows 10. Possibly from an earlier version (1511, 1607) to 1703 [Creators Update].

If so and he's trying to do it interactively, he might want to download the Windows Media Creation Tool to download the upgrade. It's probably 4+GB in size.

What kind of 'update' is this that requires 2GB of RAM

Steve Hicks

Cadet
Hi, Thanks guys yes task manager is showing 7.8GGB of ram swap file is fine and i have 90GB of available disc space available.
Yes the windows OS is trying to upgrde to the newest version of wnidows will try the media creation route and see if it will work that way.
But i still do not understand why with nearly 8GB of allocated ram its not recognising it? I have a similar setup on my windows PC VM with win 10, 8gb ram and 100gb operating disc space and that work great.

Steve Hicks

Cadet
Hi, It does exactly the same thing with media creator! still saying it needs 2gb of ram to upgrade.

gpsguy

Sorry, I don't have any more suggestions.

BarryB

Cadet
I am wondering if you ever found a solution to this - I am seeing the exact same same thing. Every place I have checked shows all of the RAM I have allotted (tried all the way up to 16gb) but that update insists I don't have the 2gb required..

Steve Hicks

Cadet
Sorry I never did, gave up in the end, set up a vn on my Windows machine far simpler with vmware workstation.

BarryB

Cadet
Sorry I never did, gave up in the end, set up a vn on my Windows machine far simpler with vmware workstation.

Am sorry to hear that....hopefully I'll find the answer or it will be addressed before I take that step. Thanks for letting me know, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.