VM settings not saving after upgrade

nero10578

Dabbler
In the VM edit options, once I press save it says that VM updated successfully while when I open the options again it hasn't actually updated it at all. Doing this multiple times does nothing and the only fix is to delete the VM config and make another one. It will intermittently work but it will mostly not work. Honestly this is just one of the few bugs I've already encountered with bluefin.

Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

cabro

Cadet
In the VM edit options, once I press save it says that VM updated successfully while when I open the options again it hasn't actually updated it at all. Doing this multiple times does nothing and the only fix is to delete the VM config and make another one. It will intermittently work but it will mostly now work. Honestly this is just one of the few bugs I've already encountered with bluefin.

Is there a fix for this?
I'm having the same issue as well. Trying to enable gpu passthrough and won't save the setting. Very strange.

nero10578

Dabbler
I'm having the same issue as well. Trying to enable gpu passthrough and won't save the setting. Very strange.
Yea still happening to me idk what's the issue. I hope it gets patched next along with the VNC console getting 502 error.

likemandrake

Cadet
I also have this problem. I try to change anything in the "GPU" section, save, get a notification of a correctly changed VM configuration, but no effect — the old VM settings are retained.

likemandrake

Cadet
I would also add that when I try to remove the GPU from the "Isolated GPU Device(s)" list, this setting is seemingly retained, but I noticed that the vfio.conf and nvidia.conf files were not removed from the /etc/modprobe.d directory.

thoratou

Cadet
I got the same issue and found the cause (at least for me)
I forgot to activate IOMMU in the bios to allow the GPU passthrough.
After enabling it no more saving issue

essinghigh

Dabbler
Also running into this issue - doesn't appear to save settings at all, not so much as updating the VM name. Will give the "VM updated successfully." message but nothing is actually updated. Annoyingly can't seem to find any logs that would help.
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.0

NugentS

MVP
My sole VM is saying State shutdown. Its not running. Which is interesting as the portainer instance on the VM is running quite well

1676494114242.png

Last edited:

aseimel

Dabbler
I am am also still having this issue. I can pass through he card as a pcie device but that does not work correctly either

Last edited:

aseimel

Dabbler
Ok I found that this does not happen when you set up a new vm so you can just start a new vm with the zvol of the old one select the graphics card and it works

RychlejBen

Cadet
There is a workaround for this, but a bit annoying :) You can delete the old vm but keep the ZVOL. Then create a new vm with the correct resources and mount the old ZVOL. It's probably an obvious solution, but it took me a while to figure it out :)

le-dvd

Cadet
Yes ultimately that's what I did, but indeed a bit annoying.
If only we could update the vm config directly without the UI, that would also be a solution.

FrankWard

Explorer
Same issues in 23.10.1 (Cobia).
Did anyone found a solution? Have vm with 14 cores and 128GB RAM and after some heavy workload, i want to scale it down :)

I'm experiencing this issue as well on Cobia 23.10.1. From what I read, these settings are stored in the TN database, so only an API call will be able to change it. It would be nice to have an API tool we could use in situations like this. I haven't seen the bug on the tracker or in the nightly. Is it being tracked anywhere?