VM powers off when rebooted

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeren

Explorer
Running build FreeNAS-11.0-RC (ad90a865b). I tried searching, but couldn't find much on the matter.
I've installed a VM and every time I reboot it, it powers off and I have to go start it again. Is this expected behaviour? Can it be changed?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Maybe you worded this incorrectly but as it stands, yes the VM will power off if you reboot FreeNAS. It's like saying "Windows shutdown when I pressed the power button on my computer".

I hope you are asking why the VM didn't restart. Does this bug report address your situation?

lukeren

Explorer
Let me paint you a picture :)

I've installed Server 2016 as a VM.
I install updates in this VM, and it wants to reboot.
I reboot, and the VM grafully shuts down, but doesn't power back on. I have to do that manually in the UI.

microbug

Dabbler
I think @joeschmuck misunderstood. At the moment there is a bug where if you perform a reboot operation, the VM won't reboot but will stay shut down. While it's not desired, it is expected behaviour at the moment.

Edit: Looks like this bug is fixed in the nightlies and will be gone in the next RC / Stable release.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes, I did misunderstand. This is why I try to feed back what I think you are asking.

lukeren

Explorer
And that's exactly what happens, so should be fixed in the next RC. Cool :)

Thanks both!

Status
Not open for further replies.