Very Unhappy with Quality of Components!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Will_

Explorer
I'm using Ultimate Live CD and I was running CPU Stress test.

Temp stay mostly at 57, 58, however on the log I found 2 instances where it reached 64C. Note that it could have very well be the room temperature increasing. I lived on Atlanta, GA and it had been hot lately. I got a smart thermostat and sometime when nobody is home I just set it to 78, 80ish.

I rebuilt my FreeNAS box with the replacement parts everything was going well until I tried to run the CPU Stress test via Ultimate Boot CD. I must be doing something wrong. This is the menu screen I navigated to by going into CPU and then StressCPU or CPU Stress.

Once I was in the menu shown in the first image below I typed in "7" and then hit ENTER.

Which initiated what you see in the second image below.

It looked like it was beginning to test but "-h" and "h" were unable to get me to a help screen and if this truly is the test, where would I be able to monitor CPU temps? I'm just looking to run a CPU stress test for 24 hours to see what my maximum CPU temp reaches.

Thanks in advance!

Will

IMAG0716.jpg

IMAG0718.jpg

Maturola

Explorer
I rebuilt my FreeNAS box with the replacement parts everything was going well until I tried to run the CPU Stress test via Ultimate Boot CD. I must be doing something wrong. This is the menu screen I navigated to by going into CPU and then StressCPU or CPU Stress.

Once I was in the menu shown in the first image below I typed in "7" and then hit ENTER.

Which initiated what you see in the second image below.

It looked like it was beginning to test but "-h" and "h" were unable to get me to a help screen and if this truly is the test, where would I be able to monitor CPU temps? I'm just looking to run a CPU stress test for 24 hours to see what my maximum CPU temp reaches.

Thanks in advance!

Will

Test is running, you should be able to check the temperatures using the IPMI interface or externally with a DMM (which is what i did).

You can also alternatively run a live CD and run other software like Prime95 with a real GUI and most of them will show you sensors temps.

_Will_

Explorer
Test is running, you should be able to check the temperatures using the IPMI interface or externally with a DMM (which is what i did).

You can also alternatively run a live CD and run other software like Prime95 with a real GUI and most of them will show you sensors temps.

Thanks so much. I just researched IPMI, because I had no idea what is was, and it seems like an awesome tool. I will try this out tonight and let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again!

_Will_

Explorer
Cool,

IPMI is the coolest.... check this out View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Q1-X4pSOg

Funny you pointed me to that video. That's the exact same video I just watched. It was great that it was an ASRock mobo IPMI too.

I'll do this tonight and then I'll start researching how to run the final test I'm going to do - S.M.A.R.T. testing on all of the HDD's. Then I'll finally be able to start using this thing! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.